The Cyber Center recommends the following virtual platforms for training and challenges:
- TryHackMe – Online platform for learning cyber security, using hands-on exercises and labs, all through your browser. Start with the free-tier ‘Pre-Security‘ and ‘Beginner‘ learning paths.
- OvertheWire – Offered by the OverTheWire community to help students learn and practice security concepts. Start with the Bandit challenges to develop Linux command line skills.
- PicoCTF – Engaging and fun cyber security education content and challenges from Carnegie Mellon University. Students will start with exercises in the Practice Gym.
- National Cyber League (subscription needed) – Powered by Cyber Skyline, enables students to test themselves against practical cybersecurity challenges.
- Root Me – hosts over 200 hacking challenges and 50 virtual environments to practice your hacking skills
- HackthisSite – free, safe and legal training ground for hackers to test and expand their hacking skills with challenges.