Personal Computing and Acceptable Use
- Apple Product Security Portal
- OS X Security Configuration Guides
- Security-Announce Mailing List (also available via RSS)
- Apple’s Product Security PGP Key for the responsible disclosure of security bugs
- Microsoft Safety & Security Center
- SELinux Project – provides documentation, tutorials, and developer information.
- NSA Configuration Guidance – provides guidance for system and network configuration, media handling, electronic emissions (TEMPEST), and trusted computing.
- Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams – provides a collection of best practices for incident response.
- National Institute of Standards and Technology
Secure Software Engineering
- MSDN Security Development Center
Safe Online Experience
- Department of Homeland Security
- Stop. Think. Connect. Initiative for managing your identity online.
- Stay Safe OnlineThe National Cyber Security Alliance website educating people, businesses, and children on safe online practices.
- OnGuard OnlineThe Federal Trade Commission website for a safe online experience.
Security Certifications & Training
- DoD Directive 8570 – This directive places requirements of certification and training of IA professionals working for the Department of Defense.
- National Information Assurance Training and Education Center
- SANS (SysAdmin, Audit, Network, Security) Institute
- CERT Coordination Center