Computers use a variety of numbering and character encoding formats. For cyber competitions, student must be able to convert a computer number format or text (ASCII) encoding format to the other equivelent numeric or text formats. Use a conversion tool (see links below).
- Binary – Base2 (characters = 0,1)
- Octal – Base 8 (characters = 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7)
- Decimal – Base 10 (characters = 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9)
- Hexidecimal – Base 16 (characters = 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E,F)
- ASCII – All text, numbers and special characters
- Base64 – radix-64 representation of ASCII
- Base2-36 – Base2 to Base36 Converter